Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Done with IB! Time to art for real!

So the summer is pretty much here. I just finished my IB exam which was SL Spanish. This is the first summer in a while where I'm not traveling anywhere interesting :( But I'm looking at it for an opportunity to stay home and make use of my little in room art studio and to get a legit job. If I can find a job in this town.

I want to start a series though. I mean in IB art...the one thing I didn't do was have an actual theme.

So here are two themes I want to get into:
-Mental Disorders
-Birds

Shocking right?
I already have two paintings started based on depression and anorexia started so far.
Nothing too big scale. Probably most of the paintings are going to be on 8 x 12 flat panels.

I'd also want to start making little booklets of illustrations based on songs. Like each verse make an illustration and string it together. That's just another idea. I think this might be too much to try to fit into a summer but we'll see. Ringling Precollege had me popping out 2 paintings a week for just my acrylic painting class on top of my drawing, life studies, sculpture, and graphic design class soooo. It's doable.

I also need to figure out how to make money out of this...

Hopefully getting photoshop in a month or so with a shiny new mac for college :)

Here's a picture I doodles in Spanish class to celebrate me finishing IB with a spanish exam
jajajajaja

No comments:

Post a Comment