Friday, July 1, 2011

Wow, sorry blog, I kinda deserted you

It's been a while since I've posted but a lot has transpired over the past month. All good things minus having my car broken into but that's life and we are all alive and that's all that matters.

I am an official studio arts major at Florida State University. I got my schedule. I have

Intro to Drawing(yeahhh it's a prerequisite)
Digital Foundations(I'm super excited you have no idea)
Introduction in Brain Behavior in Psycology(I'm starting my phych minor)
Survey 1(this is art history)

So I decided that I will double major in Fine Arts and Art History. After going to orientation I felt glad that I turned SCAD down. I know I'm still going to a decent school with many opportunities(such as abroad internships in London and an internship at the Ringling Museum) and also, I get to experience different things.

One thing that makes me sad is that my schedule interferes with Marching Chiefs so I do not think I will be able to do it my first year. At the same time, it forces me to get out of my comfort zone and try different things alongside finally being an art student. I mean I will probably do basketball again and join the outdoors club. I definitely want to do some global things like coffee hour with the exchange students. Foreign people and coffee? That sounds like a great combination to me.

I need to hardcore make art though. Instead of having my BFA review my sophomore year, I get it at the end of my freshman year. Scary yet awesome to think that I'm ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment